What Is The Difference Between a Systematic Review And Meta-Analysis?
A systematic review is the most important form of conducting an analysis. Frequently, it is used by the medical research students in order to conduct an analysis of a particular research question by gathering all the evidence and other supporting material. In a systematic review, it is necessary for us to draw a conclusion from a single area of the studies. On the other hand, a mate-analysis is one of the type of the systematic review that is used to conduct an analysis related to a single subject. Instead of using the single study area in order to conduct the analysis like a systematic review, the students try to look for a lot of study areas in order to conduct the most useful results. The basic difference between a systematic review and a meta-analysis is given below;
- To conduct analysis by using the systematic review, you will need a high form of evidence. On the other hand, if you are going to conduct a meta-analysis, then you can use the higher as well as some lower forms of conducting the analysis.
- There is also a difference between the methods that are used to conduct the analysis by a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- If you are going to analyze the data with the help of a systematic review, then you will need to define the research question, to decide the type of the research study, to conduct an effective research, to collect the data from the most reliable resources, to assess the risk of the bias in that data, after analyzing the data try to undertake that data to the meta analysis, to address the most famous publication bias in it, and at the end of the systematic review, it is also necessary for the students to present the results of that analysis.
- On the other hand, if you are going to analyze the data with the help of the meta-analysis, then you should try to formulate the research question, find out the relevant literature, to select the studies on the basis of the quality criteria, try to decide all the dependent variables, select the most suitable meta-analysis model, and examine all the sources of the study with the help of making the meta-regression subgroups.
- If you are going to conduct the analysis on the basis of your original studies, then you can use the systematic review because it is the best choice for you. On the other hand, if you are going to conduct the analysis by using the published research only, then you can use the meta-analysis only. There is no need to use the systematic review. Its reason is that you will not be able to get the best results with the by conducting the systematic review.
This is the basic difference between a meta-analysis and systematic review. Anyhow, if you are not able to conduct the meta-analysis or systematic review to analyze the data, then you can get help from the best writers of the assignment writing services.