What is The Word Count Required For a Dissertation
The word count is the number of words that a document requires. The act of counting the words of a document is called the word count. Therefore, to make a plan for the word count is the most important thing whether you are going to write a short piece of writing like an essay or a long piece of writing like a dissertation or thesis. Therefore, when you are going to write a dissertation, then it is the most important thing to keep in mind the word count of a dissertation. The importance of the word count for a dissertation is given below;
- The word count is an important way to enhance the authority of your dissertation
- The word count is also necessary to create the engagement of your readers in the dissertation
- The word count is also an important way to simplify the style of your dissertation
- It is also an important way to cut the unnecessary adjectives or adverbs from your dissertation
- It is also an important way to replace the phrases with words
As we know that there are a lot of sections of your dissertation. Some dissertation sections are short and on the other hand, some dissertation sections are long. With the help of this word count, you will be able to adjust the length of these sections of your dissertation. The word counts are different for the different dissertations. The word count usually depends upon the nature of the supervisor. For example, if you are asked to write a dissertation of 11,000-13,000 words, then the word count for the different sections of the dissertation is given below;
The word count for the introduction should be from the 1400 to 1500 words. In the introduction, the overview of the dissertation topic should be 500 words. Try to tell the importance of topic in the 100 words only. Try to tell the purpose of the dissertation in 600 words. At last, it is also necessary for you to provide the aims and objectives of the dissertation in 100 words.
- Literature review
The literature review of the dissertation should consist of 3000 words. In the literature review, you should try to write the historical background of the dissertation topic in 500 words only. The competency of the theory should be written in 1400 words. At last, you should write the context of the study in 1100 words.
- Methodology section
The word count for the methodology section should be 2000. In the research methodology, the word count for the philosophy, data collection technique, sourcing the data, research ethics and data analysis tool should be 400, 700, 250, 250 and 400 words only.
- The discussion section of the dissertation should consist of the 2000 words only.
- The word count for the empirical material should be about 2000 words only.
- The word count for the most important part of the dissertation, which is called conclusion should be 1600 only.
This is structure for the word count of a dissertation. If you have any doubt about the word count of the dissertation, then you can get help from the dissertation writing services.